2019 Triumph Tiger 800 XRT
The top specification new Tiger 800 XRT offers even greater capability for exciting on road adventures as well as confidently taking you off the beaten track when the road runs out.
The XRT is a ride which combines premium comfort and all-out adventure, with a smooth delivery and confidence-inducing capability. As you would expect with the top of the range model, it comes fully loaded with a responsive Triumph 800 Triple engine, a lighter exhaust system, new full-color TFT instruments and backlit switchgear, new five-position screen, five riding modes, and a new riding position with many more features that make the new Tiger 800 XRT the best of its generation in every way.
Featuring new Showa adjustable front suspension, 19-inch aluminum cast front wheel and Metzeler Tourance tires work together with the XRT’s advanced electronic systems, and the heated rider and pillion seats for a totally intuitive and supremely comfortable road ride.
Other standout new features include the shorter ratio first gear for more low-speed traction and instant responsiveness right when you need it most, alongside the Tiger's category-defining core technology and capability set-up, including ride-by-wire throttle and new premium Brembo front braking system.
The new Tiger 800 XRT delivers maximum on-road adventure every day.
- Shorter Ratio First Gear: The new shorter ratio first gear delivers enhanced low-speed traction and instant responsiveness right when you need it most, both off-road and on.
- New Lighter Exhaust: The new lighter, freer flowing exhaust delivers an even better Triple soundtrack.
- State-Of-The-Art Technology: Fully-loaded with rider-focused technology; all-LED lighting system (including DRL), new full-color TFT Instruments, new ergonomically designed switchcubes and 5-way joystick, updated cruise control, five riding modes, and heated seats & grips.
- High Specification Suspension: Front Showa suspension adjustable forks have 180mm of travel, rear suspension is delivered by a Showa monoshock set-up which is hydraulically adjustable for pre-load with a 170mm rear wheel travel,
- New Brembo Front Brakes: The new twin Brembo front braking system on the Tiger 800 XCX delivers premium braking style and capability.
- Contemporary Style: New stylish, premium bodywork, contemporary and dynamic stance and high quality badges, details and graphics accompany new colors.
- Wheels & Tires: The new Tiger 800 XRT is fitted with Metzeler Tourance Next tires and a 19’’ cast front wheel, providing confidence-inspiring traction and control in a range of environments.
- Ergonomic Improvements: Practical enhancements offer an altogether better ride; including the new five-position adjustable screen and aero deflectors, a more comfortable seat compound, and new handlebar position to improve control both off-road and on.
- Adjustable Seat Height: The Tiger 800 XRT features an adjustable ‘2 position’ seat mechanism allowing the rider to lower seat height by 20mm from 830mm to 810mm to suit their individual riding style and preferred position.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 800 cc
- Bore: 2.92 in. (74.05 mm)
- Stroke: 2.44 in. (61.9 mm)
- Compression: 11.3:1
- Max Power EC: 95 Hp (70 kW) @ 9,500 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 58 FT-lbs (79 Nm) @ 8,050 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel muffler
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Twinsided, cast aluminum alloy
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10spoke 19 x 2.5 in.
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10spoke 17 x 4.25 in.
- Front Tyre: 100/90-19
- Rear Tyre: 150/70 R17
- Front Suspension: Showa 1.69 in (43 mm) upside down forks, with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 7.09 in (180 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa monoshock with hydraulically adjustable preload, 6.69 in (170 mm) rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, Brembo 2piston sliding calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 10.04 in (255 mm) disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gage, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and five rider modes (Road/Offroad/Sport/Track/Rider-Customisable)
- Width Handlebars: 31.3 in (795 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 53.15 in (1,350 mm)
- Seat Height: 31.88 - 32.67 in. (810 - 830 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.24 in (1,530 mm)
- Rake: 23.8 º
- Trail: 3.41 in (86.6 mm)
- Dry Weight: 446 lb. (202 kg)
- Tank Capacity: 5 gal.
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 800 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 2.92 in. (74.05 mm) x 2.44 in. (61.9 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- Showa 1.69 in (43 mm) upside down forks, with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 7.09 in (180 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Showa monoshock with hydraulically adjustable preload, 6.69 in (170 mm) rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, Brembo 2piston sliding calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 10.04 in (255 mm) disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 R17
- 60.24 in. (1,530 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.88 - 32.67 in. (810 - 830 mm)
- 23.8 deg.
- 3.41 in. (86.6 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 446 lb. (202 kg)
- Silver Ice, Matt Cobalt Blue, Crystal White