2019 Triumph Tiger 800 XR
The new road-loving Tiger 800 XR is as perfect for touring the world’s highways, as it is on the city streets, with superb off the beaten track handling too.
The XR is a ride with a smooth delivery and confidence-inducing capability. The more responsive Triumph 800 Triple engine and the lighter, improved exhaust system are just two of the many features, innovations and modifications that have been designed into the latest generation of the XR model.
The 19-inch aluminum cast front wheel and Metzeler Tourance tires work in harmony with the adjustable suspension of the XR giving a smooth and comfortable road ride. You’ll benefit from improved riding position and the new shorter ratio first gear, giving you more low-speed traction and instant responsiveness right when you need it most. All this is in addition to category-defining core technologies including ride-by-wire throttle, switchable ABS and traction control, and a more distinctive Tiger 800 style.
The new Tiger 800 XR sets the bar for all-road, all-day comfort.
- More Responsive Engine: The thrilling new generation, mass-optimized 800cc Triple engine delivers 94 HP and features even more responsiveness, acceleration and character.
- Shorter Ratio First Gear: The new shorter ratio first gear delivers enhanced low-speed traction and instant responsiveness right when you need it most, both off-road and on.
- New Lighter Exhaust: The new, freer flowing lighter exhaust delivers an even better Triple soundtrack.
- Technology: The Tiger 800 XR comes equipped with the latest generation of Triumph's ride-by-wire throttle, switchable ABS and switchable traction control and a handy USB and 12v power sockets.
- Suspension: Front Showa suspension forks have 180mm of travel, rear suspension is delivered by a Showa monoshock set-up which is hydraulically adjustable for pre-load with a 170mm rear wheel travel,
- Wheels & Tires: The new Tiger 800 XR is fitted with Metzeler Tourance Next tires and a 19’’ cast front wheel, providing confidence-inspiring traction and control in a range of environments.
- Ergonomic Improvements: Practical enhancements offer an altogether better ride for a wider range of riders and riding styles; including a more comfortable seat compound, and new handlebar position to improve control both off-road and on.
- Contemporary Style: New stylish, premium bodywork, contemporary and dynamic stance and high quality badges, details and graphics accompany new colors.
- Adjustable Seat Height: The Tiger 800 XR features adjustable ‘2 position’ seat mechanism allowing the rider to lower seat height by 20mm from 830mm to 810mm to suit their individual riding style and preferred position.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 800 cc
- Bore: 2.91 in (74.05 mm)
- Stroke: 2.43 in (61.9 mm)
- Compression: 11.3:1
- Max Power EC: 95 Hp (70 kW) @ 9,500 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 58 FT-lbs (79 Nm) @ 8,050 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel muffler
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Twinsided, cast aluminum alloy
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10spoke 19 x 2.5 in.
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10spoke 17 x 4.25 in.
- Front Tyre: 100/90-19
- Rear Tyre: 150/70 R17
- Front Suspension: Showa 1.69 in (43 mm) upside down forks, 7.09 in (180 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa monoshock with hydraulically adjustable preload, 6.69 in (170 mm) rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, Nissin 2piston sliding calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 10.04 in (255 mm) disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: LCD multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gage, service indicator, ambient temperature, and clock
- Width Handlebars: 31.3 in. (795 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 53.15 in. (1,350 mm)
- Seat Height: 31.88 - 32.67 in. (810 - 830 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.24 in. (1,530 mm)
- Rake: 23.8 º
- Trail: 3.41 in. (86.6 mm)
- Dry Weight: 439 lb. (199 kg)
- Tank Capacity: 5 US gal.
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 800 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 2.91 in. (74.05 mm) x 2.43 in. (61.9 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- Showa 1.69 in (43 mm) upside down forks, 7.09 in (180 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Showa monoshock with hydraulically adjustable preload, 6.69 in (170 mm) rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, Nissin 2piston sliding calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 10.04 in (255 mm) disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 R17
- 60.24 in. (1,530 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.88 - 32.67 in. (810 - 830 mm)
- 23.8 deg.
- 3.41 in. (86.6 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 US gal.
- Dry Weight
- 439 lb. (199 kg)
- Jet Black