2019 Triumph Tiger 1200 XR (Color)
The perfect entry point into the epic Tiger 1200 line-up comes with this capable new Tiger XR.
An irresistible blend of all-day-riding comfort combined with technology-packed features, the new XR is almost four and a half pounds lighter than its predecessor and boasts the upgraded more responsive Triple engine, enhanced ergonomics new premium styling and ride-enhancing features including three riding modes, cruise control, switchable ABS and traction control, plus brand new cast wheels and lighter silencer.
High specification Brembo brakes, WP adjustable suspension, adjustable seat height and electronically adjustable screen and a center stand all add to this amazing motorcycle's versatility.
- Lighter By 4.4 Lbs: The XR is an impressive 4.4 pounds lighter than its predecessor, enhancing its handling and maneuverability, and achieved through changes across the whole motorcycle including a lighter flywheel, crankshaft, exhaust silencer and battery.
- More Powerful And Responsive Engine: The base specification Tiger 1200 XR engine delivers more peak power (139 HP at 9,350rpm) and maximum torque of 90 FT-lbs (at 7,600rpm), for more immediate delivery and even better all day, smooth reliable riding.
- New Lighter Exhaust: The new shorter and lighter exhaust delivers a notably more thrilling Tiger Triple soundtrack.
- Technology: The XR comes equipped with the latest generation of Triumph's ride-by-wire throttle, switchable ABS and switchable traction control, cruise control, and handy USB and 12v power sockets.
- Riding Modes: The base XR features three riding modes, with 'Rain', 'Road' and ‘Off-Road’ to suit the riding conditions and enhance the rider's control.
- New Wheels And High Quality Tires: Significantly enhanced specifications for better all-round capability, the XR model has new stylish black aluminum cast wheels fitted with Metzeler Tourance tubeless tires (front R19 x 3", rear R17 x 4.5").
- Ergonomic Improvements: Practical enhancements offer an altogether better ride for a wider range of riders and riding styles; including a more comfortable seat compound, and new handlebar position to improve control both off-road and on.
- Even More Tiger Style: More contemporary premium bodywork and the highest ever level of finish and detailing with premium graphics and finishes to enhance that muscular Tiger 1200 style.
- Adjustable Seat Height: The Tiger 1200 XR features an adjustable ‘2 position’ seat mechanism allowing the rider to lower seat height by .78 inches from 33.6 inches to 32.8 inches to suit their style and provide a more comfortable riding experience.
- Brakes: Twin 305mm floating discs and radially mounted 4-piston monobloc Brembo calipers with new BRM10B brake pads on the front, and a single 282mm disc with Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper on the back.
- Suspension: High quality manually adjustable suspension; WP 48mm upside-down forks can be set for rebound and compression damping, and rear suspension WP monoshock RSU is adjustable for preload and rebound damping.
- Premium Specification Equipment: There is an incredible level of standard equipment including integrated braking system, torque assist clutch and electronically adjustable screen, all enabling the Tiger 1200’s supreme capability.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1,215 cc
- Bore: 3.35 in. (85 mm)
- Stroke: 2.81 in. (71.4 mm)
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 141 Hp (104 kW) @ 9,350 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 90 FT-lbs (122 Nm) @ 7,600 rpm
- System: Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel muffler
- Final Drive: Shaft drive
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminum alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 19 x 3.0 in.
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4.5 in.
- Front Tyre: 120/70 R19
- Rear Tyre: 170/60 R17
- Front Suspension: WP 1.89 in (48 mm) upside down forks, rebound and compression damping adjustment on fork caps, 7.48 in (190 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension: WP monoshock, rebound damping adjustment, hydraulic preload adjustment, 7.6 in (193 mm) wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 11.1 in (282 mm) disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gage, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and six rider modes (Road/Offroad/Off-Road Pro/Sport/Track/Rider-Customizable)
- Width Handlebars: 32.68 in (830 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 57.87 in (1,470 mm)
- Seat Height: 32.87 - 33.66 in (835 - 855 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.84 in (1,520 mm)
- Rake: 23.2 º
- Trail: 3.93 in (99.9 mm)
- Dry Weight: 534 lb. (242 kg)
- Tank Capacity: 5.2 gal.
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 1,215 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.35 in. (85 mm) x 2.81 in. (71.4 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- WP 1.89 in (48 mm) upside down forks, rebound and compression damping adjustment on fork caps, 7.48 in (190 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock, rebound damping adjustment, hydraulic preload adjustment, 7.6 in (193 mm) wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 11.1 in (282 mm) disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R17
- 59.84 in. (1,520 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.87 - 33.66 in. (835 - 855 mm)
- 23.2 deg.
- 3.93 in. (99.9 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.2 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 534 lb. (242 kg)
- Crystal White