2019 Triumph SPEED TRIPLE RS
The All-New Speed Triple in Action
Take a look at the most powerful and responsive Speed Triples ever – the all new Speed Triple S and range-topping RS. With a major engine development, lighter weight (RS) and cutting edge technological advancements the iconic 1050cc Triple engine revs harder for longer, improving on its already legendary agility, razor-sharp handling, and pinpoint precision. Raising the game to a new high with a totally addictive ride, delivering all of the Speed Triple’s characteristic nose-down focused attitude together with superior handling, a higher standard of finishing, and a phenomenal enhanced triple soundtrack. This is the greatest Speed Triple ever.
- New TFT Color Instruments: Full-color 5-inch TFT instrument display that presents both essential and additional rider information from the on-board computer, with six screen styles to choose from, all with high and low contrast settings, adjustable for optimum visibility.
- New Illuminated Switch Cubes and Cruise Control: Ergonomically-designed switch cubes with stylish backlighting for easy fingertip use under any lighting condition to access functions such as TFT instruments, riding modes, and the new cruise control, significantly improving long distance rideability.
- Five Riding Modes: Easily accessed through the left hand switch cube, choose from five riding modes, Rain, Road, Sport, Rider-configurable and Track mode. Each altering the throttle map, ABS and traction control to suit the conditions or desired riding style.
- New Optimized Cornering ABS and Traction Control: Optimized cornering ABS and traction control delivers optimum braking and torque control, improving both straight line and cornering performance. This is supported by a new inertial measurement unit (IMU) which continually calculates lean angle.
- New Keyless Technology: The Speed Triple’s new advanced keyless ignition and steering lock system recognizes the proximity of your fob before activation is initiated. For additional security, you can turn off the transmitting signal to disable the keyless function when not in use.
- Major Engine Update, Improved Gearbox and Arrow Silencer: The new RS is lighter, with an enhanced 1050cc engine delivering more power at 148 HP. It has a more responsive throttle, improved gearbox, and a premium Arrow titanium sports silencer for an even more ferocious hair-raising soundtrack.
- Triumph Shift Assist: All-new Triumph designed system that enables smooth up/down gear changes without the use of the clutch, reducing rider fatigue.
- Fully Adjustable Öhlins Suspension: The RS comes with high specification 43mm Öhlins NIX30 upside down forks and TTX36 twin tube rear monoshock RSU, fully adjustable for pre-load, compression and rebound damping. There’s extra comfort too, with a new rider seat fitted with 3D net inserts.
- DRL Headlights: See and be seen. Daytime Running Lights combine excellent visibility with a confident style statement, and these are fitted into the headlamps with the integrated air intake duct and fly screen for a distinctive front profile.
- High Spec Wheels, Tires, Brembo Brakes: In keeping with the Speed Triple’s uncompromising character, the RS includes new cast alloy wheels with a high-gloss finish, high specification Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa tires and twin disc front brakes with Brembo Monobloc calipers exclusively tuned to reflect the urban sports focus.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, inline 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1,050 cc
- Bore: 79 mm
- Stroke: 71.4 mm
- Compression: 12.92:1
- Max Power EC: 148 hp (110 kW) @ 10,500 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 86 ft. lb. @ 7,150 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless Steel 3 into 1 into 2 high level stainless steel mufflers
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate slip-assist clutch
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Aluminum beam twin-spar
- Swingarm: Single-sided, aluminum alloy with eccentric chain adjuster
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 in. x 3.5 in.
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 in. x 6.0 in.
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tyre: 190/55 ZR17
- Front Suspension: Ohlins 43 mm NIX30 upside down forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Öhlins TTX36 twin tube monoshock with preload, rebound and compression damping, 130 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 12.6 in. (320 mm) floating discs, Brembo 4-piston Monobloc radial calipers Switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 10.04 in. (255 mm) disc, 2-piston sliding caliper Switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: Full-color 5 in. TFT instruments
- Width Handlebars: 30.51 in. (775 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 42.13 in. (1,070 mm)
- Seat Height: 32.48 in. (825 mm)
- Wheelbase: 56.89 in. (1,445 mm)
- Rake: 22.9°
- Trail: 3.59 in. (91.3 mm)
- Dry Weight: 416 lb. (189 kg)
- Tank Capacity: 4.1 US gal. (15.5 L)
- Fuel Consumption: 45.2 mpg (5.2 L/100km)
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, inline 3-cylinder
- 1,050 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 x 71.4 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Final Drive
- X ring chain
- Front Suspension
- Ohlins 43 mm NIX30 upside down forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- Öhlins TTX36 twin tube monoshock with preload, rebound and compression damping, 130 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 12.6 in. (320 mm) floating discs, Brembo 4-piston Monobloc radial calipers Switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 10.04 in. (255 mm) disc, 2-piston sliding caliper Switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR17
- 56.89 in. (1,445 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.48 in. (825 mm)
- 22.9 deg.
- 3.59 in. (91.3 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.1 US gal. (15.5 L)
- 45.2 mpg (5.2 L/100km)
- Dry Weight
- 416 lb. (189 kg)
- Matt Jet Black, Crystal White