2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black (Matte)
Matt Jet Black
As thrilling to look at as it is to ride, the ALL NEW BONNEVILLE BOBBER BLACK takes the iconic Bonneville line-up to a whole new level.
Darker, meaner and stronger, the new Bobber Black enjoys all of the classic Bobber’s category defining capability, iconic silhouette, hidden ‘clean line’ rider technology and engineering innovations and adds even more aggressive attitude and blacked-out muscular style, along with an even higher level of specification, including category leading Brembo front brake set-up with twin front discs, more muscular Showa forks and full-LED headlight.
The new Bobber Black features the critically acclaimed Bonneville 1200HT engine, with signature Bobber tune, for high-torque and more power lower down and in the mid-range than the Bonneville T120. The distinctive British Bonneville engine note is accompanied by the unique spine-tingling Bobber hot rod soundtrack, courtesy of its short, slash-cut, black painted exhausts and twin airbox set-up.
With the latest generation of Bonneville rider-focused-technology for enhanced control, comfort and safety.
Including two Riding Mode options – Rain and Road, switchable traction control, torque assist clutch, ABS, immobiliser and, unique to the Bobber Black, and intuitive single button cruise control.
With a fully blacked out style and even higher level of unique premium finishes - from the black chrome plated headlight rim to the unique black seat pan. The fat 16-inch front wheel, twin discs and imposing 47mm Showa front forks, give’s the new Bobber Black even more poise and on-road presence.
- Iconic Bobber Silhouette: Sharing the same low, minimalist stance, stripped back style and iconic silhouette as the Bonneville Bobber.
- Hallmark Bobber Features: From its clean lines, single seat and authentic hard tail look, to its wide flat bars, wire spoked wheels and sculpted tank – it's every inch a Bobber
- Beautiful Premium Details and Finishes: Incorporating a host of stylish Bobber details and premium finishes. Including battery box, classic rear ‘drum brake’ inspired hub, carb style throttle bodies, black bullet LED indicators, rear mudguard loop, side mounted ignition barrel, bar end mirrors and branded locking fuel cap.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin
- Capacity: 1200cc
- Bore Stroke: 97.6 / 80mm
- Compression: 10.0:1
- Max Power EC: 77 hp (57 kW) @ 6,100 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 78 ft-lb. (106Nm) @ 4,000 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Brushed stainless steel 2 into 2 twin-skin exhaust system with brushed stainless silencers
- Final drive: Chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Wheels: 32-spoke, 16 x 2.5in
- Rear Wheels: 32-spoke, 16 x 3.5in
- Front Tires: 130/90 B16
- Rear Tires: 150/80 R16
- Front Suspension: Showa 47 mm forks with cartridge damping, 90 mm travel.
- Rear Suspension: KYB monoshock with linkage, 77 mm travel
- Brakes Front: Twin 310 mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating calipers, ABS
- Brakes Rear: Single 255 mm disc, Nissin single piston floating caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with analogue speedometer, odometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, range to empty indication, service indicator, clock, 2x trip, average & current fuel consumption display, traction control status display, heated grip ready - controlled by a handlebar mounted scroll button.
- Width Handlebars: 30 in. (760 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 40 in. (1025mm)
- Seat Height: 27 in. (690mm)
- Wheelbase: 59 in. (1510mm)
- Rake: 25.8º
- Trail: 3.5 in. (87.9mm)
- Dry Weight: 524 lb. (237.5kg)
- Tank Capacity: 2.4 US gal.
- Fuel consumption: 54.1 US MPG
- CO2 figures: EURO 4 Standard: 98 g/km
- Engine Type
- 8 valve, SOHC, 270 deg. crank angle parallel twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.6 x 80mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- Showa 47 mm forks with cartridge damping, 90 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB monoshock with linkage, 77 mm travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 310 mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 255 mm disc, Nissin single piston floating caliper, ABS
- Front Tire
- 130/90 B16
- Rear Tire
- 150/80 R16
- 59 in. (1510mm)
- Seat Height
- 27 in. (690mm)
- 25.8 deg.
- 3.5 in. (87.9mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.4 US gal.
- 54.1 US mpg
- Dry Weight
- 524 lb. (237.5kg)
- Matt Jet Black