2012 Ducati MULTISTRADA 1200S TOURING
A dream Ducati - 4 bikes in 1. A sport bike, long-distance tourer, urban and road enduro are now separated by just one click.
The new Ducati Multistrada 1200 combines innovative design and unprecedented technology to unleash four-bikes-in-one. Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro riding modes now enable a truly enjoyable and customisable riding experience separated by just one click.
The ground-breaking design makes instant adjustment to power and torque delivery in addition to electronic adjustment of suspension settings and traction control, transforming the Multistrada 1200 to the rider’s needs, and not the other way around. Hailed as a true ‘game-changing’ motorcycle, the technologically-advanced Multistrada 1200 introduces the new 150hp Testastretta 11° engine, and advanced ergonomics to be powerful, playful and a comfortable and versatile adventure on two wheels.
Enduro: If the route leaves the beaten track, the Multistrada 1200 is ready to take it in its stride. Agile, lightweight and with high, wide handlebars, serrated footrests, stylish sump guard and specially designed tyres, the Multistrada also features an Enduro riding mode which instantly delivers a smooth 100hp. With DTC reset to an off-road suitable level for less intervention and the all-mode option to disable the ABS, the ‘S’ version also dials-in an appropriate suspension setting ready for when the asphalt runs out.
Touring: While the Touring riding mode is also programmed to produce 150hp, the power characteristics are designed in a configuration that delivers a smoother and more user-friendly throttle response. Active safety is already available with the advanced ABS system, but in Touring mode it is further enhanced by increasing DTC intervention to a level specifically intended for a relaxing ride and, on the ‘S’ version, the suspension automatically dials-in a setting ideal for long distance journeys, ensuring maximum comfort for both the rider and passenger and making every mile an absolute pleasure.
Sport: The Sport riding mode delivers an adrenalin-filled 150hp ride with sports-oriented throttle response and, on the ‘S’ version, an instant high performance suspension set-up. In character with its Superbike bloodline, DTC immediately adjusts to a level for expert riders whose ‘comfort zone’ is a little closer to the limit. Ducati's racing experience combined with first-rate components makes riding the Multistrada 1200 a pure motorcycling thrill and a dream come true for those searching for best-in-class performance as well as comfort.
Urban: As navigation of the urban jungle can require an even more user-friendly motorcycle, the Urban riding mode instantly transforms the Multistrada 1200 into the most manageable, practical and desirable everyday transport. Power output is adjusted to 100hp and DTC is further enhanced to provide increased intervention during the most chaotic of stop-start traffic. On the ‘S’ version, the suspension instantly selects a setting designed to tackle the maze of city streets full of speed bumps and drain covers.
- Type: L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1198.4cc
- Bore x Stroke: 106 x 67.9 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.5:1
- Power: 150 hp - 110.3kW @ 9250 rpm
- Torque: 87.5 lb.ft. 118.7Nm @ 7500 rpm
- Fuel injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system, Mikuni elliptical throttle bodies
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, alluminium tail pipes
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.84:1
- Final drive: Chain 5.30 in.; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 40
- Clutch: Light action, wet, multiplate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Standard: Euro 3 (Europe) - USA: follows the US Federal Regulation
- DDA: Not available on this model
- DTC: Standard equipment
- ABS: Standard equipment
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Wheelbase: 1530 mm (60.2 in.)
- Rake: 25°
- Front suspension: Öhlins 48 mm fully adjustable usd forks, electronic compression and rebound adjustment
- Front wheel travel: 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Front wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Front tire: Pirelli Scorpion Trail 120/70 17 in.
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Ohlins electronic monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel travel: 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Rear wheel: 10-spoke light alloy 6.00 x 17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Scorpion Trail 190/55 17 in.
- Front brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo callipers, 4-piston, 2-pad. ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Fuel tank capacity: 20l - 5.3 gal. (US)
- Dry weight: 192 kg (423 lb.)
- Warranty: 2 years unlimited mileage
- Body Colour (frame/wheel): Red (racing grey / black) - Arctic white (racing grey / black) - Race Titanium Matte
- Versions: Dual seat, ABS as standard equipment
- Seat height: 850 mm (33.5 in.)
- Engine Type
- L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic
- 1198.4 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 106 x 67.9 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system, Mikuni elliptical throttle bodies
- Front Suspension
- Öhlins 48 mm fully adjustable usd forks, electronic compression and rebound adjustment
- Rear Suspension
- Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Ohlins electronic monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo callipers, 4-piston, 2-pad. ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail 120/70 17 in.
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail 190/55 17 in.
- 60.2 in. (1530 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in. (850 mm)
- 25 deg.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal. (20 L)
- Dry Weight
- 423 lb. (192 kg)
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain 5.30 in.
- Red, Arctic White, Race Titanium Matte
- 2 years unlimited mileage